THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

A Latte Trouble for Travis

Routine is something that we all strive for in some way or another. From mapping out when you take a crap, to coming home and expecting your wife/husband/domesticated animal to be there. As crazy as I'm told I am, I'm not above having a routine myself.

There's a little place I like to go to to have a cup of coffee, a snack, or just to sit and watch people. It's not very busy, darkly lit, and have great atmosphere.

And it has Travis.

Travis is the poor soul who works there, and is the subject of my routine. The routine? Making his day interesting. Once I spoke to him the entire time in carny talk. Another time I had " I heart Travis" shirts made and handed them out to all the customers. From having him taste all my food, to making him sing out the menu to me, I've been sure to come in at least once a week.

Now I know what you're thinking..."that is sort of mean, Gene", and to some I'm sure it is, but I view it as making his day interesting. I never do anything harmful to him, or anything to make him lose his job...he's just my way of releasing pent up anger in a safe and hopefully amusing way.

Maybe I'm just an asshole.

0 comments: